Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Remembering Old Projects

My brain wasn't in a complete 'new' mode this morning so I decided to pull out an old chapter book manuscript that I wrote a couple of years ago. Past agent only sent it out once and I thought I'd see what I could do with it. How fun to get into this old character and story again, I'm so glad I did.

I could see things to work on, but I was pleased with it overall and am going to put some extra time on the first part of it this week and submit a partial and see what happens.

Last year I took out an old short story that I had written about twelve years ago. I had submitted it 5 times. I tweaked it a bit and resent it to the first place I had gotten a rejection, the magazine I felt it belonged. Amazingly, two weeks later got an acceptance and then a very nice check.

Sometimes it pays to go back to our past writings with a fresh mind on it and see what can be done.

No comments: